Choosing a game console is a quest: you need to choose the perfect option among dozens of models with similar characteristics. Most often the question immediately arises: what to choose Microsoft Xbox or Sony PS? These represent the top 2 manufacturers of gaming consoles.
There is also the Wii from Nintendo, here we say at once: the console is inferior in graphics to the Xbox and PS, but it is cheaper.
Step 1. Decide: Xbox or Playstation
The hardest part is figuring out which manufacturer you like better for the game console because each has its own chips. Often users look not at the features, but at the games that can be played on the consoles.
Playstation. The main difference between PS and Xbox – is exclusive games. For example, PS created a hit – The Last of Us, where the player has to survive in a world of people infected with a terrible disease. Or the game Horizon Forbidden West for PS4 and PS5, where the player finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world with beastly machines.
Xbox. Xbox doesn’t have exclusives, but sometimes you can play PS exclusives on consoles: you have to wait until the game is released for PC. Microsoft is not chasing exclusives, but adding games to its paid list – there are already more than 100. The user pays a fixed amount per month and gets access to all the games in the catalog. Sony also has this feature.
If you want to play exclusive games, then you can choose one of the models PS: PS4 or PS5. If this is not the main criterion, let’s move on.
Step 2. Consider these Characteristics Of Game Console
Pay attention to 4 factors:
- The amount of memory
- Features of the consoles.
Processors, graphics cards, teraflops processing power – these are not the most important criteria, because it is difficult to understand the real power of the console.
- Memory capacity. There are 3 options: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. In general, 500 GB will be enough for almost every user, as one game is about 30 GB. That is, you can download about 10 games to the console. But for gamers who don’t like to delete games after passing, 1TB is ideal.
- Graphics. If you want the best pictures, look immediately at the Xbox Series X or PS5 models. For a 55-inch plasma with 4K, these are ideal options. The PS4 and Xbox One have slightly worse graphics, but they’ll be fine for large modern 4K TVs, too. At least those models with 4K: the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
A little hint to figure out which models are better suited for TVs with different screen resolutions.
- Interfaces. Usually, the game console interface set is standard: HDMI, audio output, network port, and some USB. But there may be some useful additions, for example, the Xbox One 2 HDMI: you can connect a TV and set-top box.
- Features. The PS5 has a gamepad with tactile feedback. The user will feel if the wind blows or it rains in the game. Splashing, of course, will not be, but the imitation of falling drops and gusts of wind adds an interesting feeling during the game. On the Xbox Series X, you can open multiple games, play them and switch from one to another. That’s something to keep in mind, too.
Step 3: Decide which generation of Game Console is better.
Undoubtedly, the newer ones are cooler. The flagships have more modern stuffing and a lot of nice additional features, but they cost almost 2 times higher than previous generations.
The latest generation.
There are 2 options: PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition, which has no disc drive. The PS5, unlike the PS4, has an SSD drive. This affects the loading speed of games: a few seconds and even the heaviest game is loaded. The PS5 has a maximum resolution of 8K, 16GB of RAM, and an SSD of 825GB. This option is for those who want the best games and graphics, and the price doesn’t matter. Perfect for the home or office with a big 4K TV.
There are three options: the PS4, PS4 Slim and Pro. The most interesting of all options is the Pro, it has 4K quality, though not real, but “stretched. If you do not have a good 4K TV, there is no point in chasing after this set-top box. It is an option for those who want good graphics for a reasonable price.
The latest generation.
The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S differ in performance. The Series S has 512GB of memory, 1440p resolution, and no drive. So this is an option for those who don’t have a 4K TV. The Series X has 1TB of memory, a real 4K resolution, and a drive. This model will suit users who are more demanding to graphics and want to play on their big 4K TV.
The previous generation.
Xbox One was released in 3 variants: Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S. The Xbox One X is for those who have a 4K TV. The One and One S do not have 4K, so these models will be suitable for simpler TVs. They differ in size, drive availability, and hard drive capacity.
The PS3 and Xbox 360 are the forefathers of the latest generation of consoles. They have long been discontinued, but models can still be found and used. On the Internet, there are a lot of games for these consoles, but you can’t try new games or play online with friends. These models are for those buying a console for the first time and do not bother with the best graphics and exclusive games. This option is ideal for Full HDTV.
We know the game console choice is difficult, it always has been and always will be. Many people face this problem, even the heroes of TV shows. The other one is repairing the console when something happens to it – a repair shop in Brooklyn can help you with this type of problem.