A recent study found that Microsoft Excel is the world’s most popular data analysis application. Almost every businesses indeed use Excel to manage and analyze its data. Therefore, every business should know how to fix Excel files and recover lost data. So read on and get your business up and running in no time! This blog will outline three easy ways to repair Excel files and recover lost data.
What causes Excel files to be corrupt: Reasons for repairing them
- The intrusion of a virus
- Files were incorrectly cleaned by antivirus software (True-False detection)
- Errors in hardware
- The USB device has an error
- Bugs in Microsoft Excel
1. Repair Excel File: “Using Microsoft.”
The File Recovery mode in Microsoft Excel attempts to repair corrupted workbooks automatically when they are opened. Or, try the following process:
- Open the File by clicking File> Then click Open.
- Select the corrupted workbook’s location and folder.
- Select the damaged workbook in the Open dialogue box.
- Open and Repair can be selected by clicking the arrow.
- Pick Repair to recover as much data as possible from the workbook.
2. Repair Excel File: “Using Microsoft Recovery Tool for Excel.”
It is possible to restore damaged Excel spreadsheets using the last backup or the last stable copy of the File or by using Recovery Toolbox for Excel. The Recovery Toolbox for Excel can restore data .xlsx files to the state they were in before being damaged with a very high probability. To verify this statement, please follow these steps:
- Use the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for Excel to download, install, and run it.
- Choose a damaged .xlsx file.
- Analyze the damaged XLSX file.
- On the preview page, you can see the recovered Excel spreadsheet.
- You can export the recovered data to a new Excel file in the full version.
The following are some of the key features of Microsoft Excel recovery software:
- Repairing Excel files of all types: .xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xltm, .xltx, and also .xlam
- Workbook cell data, worksheet styles, fonts, and table styles can be recovered
- Formatting number formats (except for colours)
- The width and height of the columns and rows in a spreadsheet should be fixed.
- Formulas containing functions, internal references, external references, and name references should be repaired.
- Correct cell formatting values (font, number format, line style, fill pattern, text alignment, text orientation)
- The colour of the cells and the border should be restored
- MS Office 98, 2000, 2003, XP.
- XLSX files of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 (Microsoft 365) can be opened and recovered.
- A copy of Microsoft Excel does not need to be installed on the user’s computer. When saving directly to Excel or a new one. XLSX file.
- Directly export data into a new Excel document
- Viewer for XLSX
- An Excel file that has been damaged is identified.
3. Repair Excel File: “Using STELLAR REPAIR FOR EXCEL.”
With Stellar Repair for Excel, you can fix corrupt Excel files (.xls, .xlsx, .xltm, .xltx, and .xlsm ) and get all the data back. MVPs and also Excel experts recommend it. Moreover, It fixes corrupted workbooks in Excel 2019, 2016, and older versions.
MVP Reviews Of Stellar Repair Excel File
Media Reviews Of Stellar Repair Excel File
Key Features of Stellar Excel Repair Tool
- The tool allows you to repair Excel files and recover tables, pivot tables, charts, formulas, etc.
- Maintains the properties and formatting of spreadsheet cells
- Quickly repairs multiple Excel files at once
Price Plans of Stellar Repair Excel File
Details of technical specifications of Stellar Repair for Excel
Steps To Fix Excel File Using Stellar Repair
- The Stellar Repair for Excel software’s main interface.
- Click Repair after browsing or finding the Excel file(s) you want to repair.
- Furthermore, In step 3, the software displays the progress of repairing an Excel file.
- On the File menu, click Save File after previewing and verifying the contents of the repaired Excel file.
- Select a new folder or the default location to save the repaired Excel file. Then Click OK.
- In addition, As the process of saving the File progresses, the software displays a progress bar.
- Lastly, The Excel file is repaired. It is saved successfully.
Don’t despair if your Excel file becomes corrupted and you lose your data. Because there are three methods by which you can repair Excel files and retrieve lost data. We’ve walked you through each one, so you have to try them out until you find the one that works for you OR use a reliable third-party tool like Stellar Excel Repair to fix the corrupt Excel file and recover the data.
Easy use and user-friendly interface, the software is simple to use. The tool also supports all versions of MS Excel.
Lastly, Give it a try. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to recover lost data.